Admission to South Hunsley Secondary School
Every year we have 350 please available to new Year 7 students and places are allocated in line wtih the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's co-ordinated admission scheme and we prioritise as follows:
- Children who are looked after by a local authority and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
- Children who live in the school's designated catchment area.
- Children who have a sibling attending the school in Years 7, 8 .9 or 10.
- Children who attend the school's named feeder primary schools since the beginning of Year 3.
- Children who live closest to the school.
Admission to Year 7
If you want to apply for a place in Year 7 at South Hunsley for entry in September 2018, you will need to apply through the local authority responsible for the area where you live, even if you want a place for your child at a school in another local authority's area.
Our normal school admissions arrangements apply when a child is transferring from primary school to secondary education at the end of Year 6. Please visit your local authority website for more specific information on how to apply.
Deadline for applications to your local authority:
Monday 30 October 2017
Local Authority notification of school place:
Thursday 1 March 2018
In Year Admissions
Our in-year admission arrangements apply when a child is already attending another secondary school and parents want to move their child to South Hunsley.
If you want to make an in year application you will have to apply to the Local Authority responsible for the area you live. More information is available on the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's website, and for those parents living within the East Riding, the council will ask you to complete and submit an In Year Application Form.